MAKOTO MIZUNO >Japanese
Professor of Marketing
1-1 Kanda-Surugadai, Chiyoda-ku
Tokyo 101-8301, JAPAN
E-Mail: makoto&kisc.meiji.ac.jp (Please replace & by @)
Measuring and Modeling Evolving Consumer Behavior
Aesthetic /Creative Aspects of Consumer Behavior
Application of Agent-based Modeling for Marketing and Consumer Research
Ph.D. in Economics, University of Tokyo, 2003
M.S. in Economics, University of Tsukuba, 1985
B.A. in Social Science, University of Tsukuba, 1980
2003-2004, Assistant Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences, University of Tsukuba
1986-2003, R&D Division, Hakuhodo Inc.
1980-1986, Marketing Division, Hakuhodo Inc.
- Mizuno, Mizuno (2014), Marketing Evolution: Creative Market-Thinking, Tokyo: Dobunkan. <Japanese>
- Mizuno, Makoto (2014), How Consumer-Generated Advertising Works: An Empirical Agent-Based Simulation, Advances in Computational Social Science, Post-Proceedings of the 4th World Congress on Social Simulation (WCSS12), 127-139. [Refereed]
- Mizuno, Makoto, Yuto Takakai and Naoki Shinbo (2013), Communication with Customers Using Twitter: Dialogue and Contagion, Operations Research, 58(8), 427-435.
- Mizuno, Makoto (2013), Methodological Issues on Agent-based Modeling of Social Interaction Between ConsumersCMemories of Social Sciences, Meiji UniversityC51(2)C61-74. <Japanese> [Refereed]
- Hirokazu Takada, Makoto Mizuno and Ling Bith-Hong (2012), Analysis of the Relationship between Advertisers and Advertising Agencies in the Global Market, in (Shintaro Okazaki ed.) Handbook of Research on International Advertising, Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar, 497-517.
- Mizuno, Mizuno (2011), Long-Tail Business Model: Secrets of Success of amazon.com, in M. Aoki, Y. Aruka, H. Yoshikawa, H. Aoyama eds., 50 Keywords for Introduction to Economics, Tokyo: Tokyo Tosho, 332-339. <Japanese>
- Mizuno, MizunoCFumihiko Ikuine (2011), Gaining Customer Insight: A Case of Creative Ad Agency, Research Note, Akamon Management Review, 10(6),@441-461. <Japanese> [Refereed]
- Mizuno, Mizuno, Toshikatsu Mori, Yasunori Baba, Yuto Takakai and Hirota Sera (2010), Dynamics of New Product Diffusion and WOM Contagion: Empirically-based Agent-based Modeling Journal of Marketing Science, forthcoming. <Japanese> [Refereed]
- Mizuno, Mizuno (2010), The Effects of Valence of Word-of-Mouth and Its Propagation by Non-Adopters on New Product Diffusion: An Agent-based Approach, Proceedings of the Third World Congress on Social Simulation (WCSS10). [Refereed]
- Mizuno, Makoto (2009), Exploring Complexity in Consumer Behaviors: Possibilities of Agent-Based Modeling, Journal of Marketing and Distribution, 481, 41(4), 29-36. <Japanese>
- Mizuno, Makoto (2009), Complexity in Marketing and Consumer Behavior: A Brief Review for Future Research Opportunities, Proceedings of the 9th Asia-Pacific Complex Systems Conference (Complexf09), 188-194.
- Mizuno, Makoto, Akira Saji, Ushio Sumita and Hideo Suzuki (2008), Optimal Threshold Analysis of Segmentation Methods for Identifying Target CustomersCEuropean Journal of Operational Research, 186(1), 358-379. [Refereed]
- Mizuno, Makoto, Shoichiro Inoue, and Masami Noguchi (2007), Emergence of the Leader-Follower Structure among Consumers: What type of consumers would be most influential in the marketplace?, in (S. Takahashi, D. Sallach and J. Rouchier eds.) Advancing Social Simulation: The First World Congress (Post-Proceedings of The First World Congress on Social Simulation: WCSS06), 117-128, Tokyo, Springer. [Refereed]
- Mizuno, Makoto and Yufu Kuwashima (2007), Manufacturing-Based Brand Strategy – Lesson from Mazdafs Practice, in Takahiro Fujimoto ed., Manufacturing Management, Tokyo, Japan: Koubunsha, 97-114. <Japanese>
- Mizuno, Makoto (2006), Japanese Status Perception and Its Impact on the Values and Lifestyles, Consumer Studies, 13(1), 57-77 <Japanese> [Refereed]
- Mizuno, Makoto (2006), How Will the Long Tail Reshape Marketing? Information Processing, 47(11), 20-26. <Japanese>
- Mizuno, Makoto, and Takahiro Hoshino (2006), Assessing the Short-term Causal Effect of TV Advertising via the Propensity Score Method, Department of Social Systems and Management Discussion Paper Series, No.1162, University of Tsukuba.
- Mizuno, Makoto and Nishiyama, Naoki (2003), Interacting TV Viewers: A Case of Empirical Agent-based Modeling and Simulation for Business Applications, Advances in Complex Sciences, 6(3), 361-373. [Refereed]
- Mizuno, Makoto and Odagiri, Hiroyuki (1990), Does Advertising Mislead Consumers to Buy Low-Quality Products?, International Journal of Industrial Organization, 8, 545-558. [Refereed]
MAIN RESEARCHES IN PROGRESS
- Social Interaction and Preference Formation (Empirical & Simulation Studies)
- The Role of Creativity in Consumer Behavior and Products
- Agent-based Approach to Marketing and Consumer Behavior
(Meiji University, School of Commerce)
(Meiji Business School, MBA Program)
Marketing Data Analysis